Should we buy the most ergonomic office tables on the market even if they completely break with the corporate image of our company? Should office furniture be design and forget about comfort? Today we are going to try to give concrete answers to those questions that can arise when it comes to furnishing a work center or a training room.
Office furniture, design not uncomfortable with ergonomics
The manufacturers of furniture for work centers, offices, communities and training centers have been working for many years to ensure that the design of their products is not incompatible with the functionality and, of course, with the ergonomics of chairs, tables and rest of the furniture that characterizes a modern and productive workspace.
Today we find different styles of office desk design: traditional or modern, with vintage air or futuristic trends, classic or latest generation materials, with colors ranging from the most sober to the brightest, daring and transgressors, etc. All this display of creativity, design in its purest state does not have to be at odds with functionality and ergonomics:
- The functionality of the design office tables. Do you remember the concept “Thinking Design “? Creating objects tailored to the needs of people should also be the first premise of design office furniture.
- The ergonomics of design office chairs, tables, armchairs in the waiting area, office stools, etc., is more important than pure and hard design.
Office furniture, ergonomic design by health
The first goal of ergonomics in work spaces is clear: to take care of the physical and mental health of the human team that uses those designer chairs or those tables and desks of last generation that transmit modernity simply with their image.
The office furniture, its design, must ensure that employees can adopt without effort a series of positions that do not affect their health, for example:
- The height of the table should be, more or less, at the height of our elbows.
- The head should be able to stay in the horizontal plane (with or without the help of a headrest).
- The drawers and bins should be close enough to the office table to avoid having to force the posture to use them.
Office furniture, ergonomic design for economy
The ergonomic design of office furniture not only fulfills the important function of guaranteeing the comfort of the manager, of the human team or of the clients who visit our company; the ergonomically designed office furniture also serves to:
- Improve the productivity of our human team and, thus, the company’s income statement.
- Avoid sick leave for the famous TME or musculoskeletal disorders.
- Improve the perception of the talents of our company, strengthen the emotional ties and prevent them from leaving the team and looking for work elsewhere.
- Favor the creativity of the human team, that creative impulse that marks the difference between a normal company and a modern, productive and successful company.