The decoration of public spaces such as restaurants is the perfect opportunity to attract all those indecisive clients. Aesthetics and functionality must go hand in hand without forgetting the contrast of colors and materials. When decorating your next cafe or restaurant you must take into account some questions to get the best results. Take note of the advice that we give you below and succeed.
How to decorate my restaurant
Product and service are not everything to succeed in the hospitality world; in addition to these two factors we must not forget the decoration. Before deciding how to set your next restaurant, you must pay attention to the most important points: space, style, functionality and innovation.
A good decoration will result in an increase in customers and this will lead to an increase in turnover and sales, which in the end is what is pursued with any business. To achieve the expected result we have to make the client feel identified and decide to enter our premises or what is the same, that among the great offer that exists choose ours, choose us. Let’s see how to get it!
Choose the right place
Before starting work, we must be clear about the location and its characteristics. The place is important to start working on it, we can have many ideas but we need to materialize them in reality.
The distribution of interior spaces is one of the most important points in the setting of a restaurant. For a local to succeed and offer the greatest number of possibilities to its customers, the ideal would be for it to have:
- Reception: also called a transit area, this is designed to locate tobacco machines, wine cabinets, play machines or stands with the menu of the day or tasting menus.
- Bar: located in the main area, it becomes one of the most characteristic elements of a restaurant. It is a hot area with high turnover in which clients do not usually stay long, in many occasions it becomes the waiting area, and therefore it is very common that it is close to the access to the premises.
- Bar: Designed for those more informal and fast services.
- Dining room: In this if the choice of furniture is important: chairs, tables, lamps are some of the elements that must coexist in tune with the total decoration of the environment. It is here where we must make our client fall in love; captivate them since here they will spend the longest time of service.
- Bathrooms: Although they are cold spots, since the clients who access the WC are not all and those who do not spend time in this area, the impression obtained from this room will be decisive for the client and may change the final perception of the space. In addition to covering the expected services: hygiene, privacy and comfort, use it as a hook and reinforce the image of your restaurant.
- Other spaces: in addition to the main spaces there are many hoteliers who decide to include extra spaces to improve the comfort of their clients: terraces, chill-outs … among others.
Once you have chosen the distribution of the spaces, it is time to define the style or tone of your restaurant.
What is the style of my restaurant?
To start you must mark your style, fix the points that make you different from your competition and once identified, it is time to exploit them. Hospitality businesses, and especially in our country, there are many, not many, so making a difference from the beginning will make us gain advantage. You must find the essence of your business and reflect it in the decoration, in such a way that when a client comes into contact with your premises, it is impregnated.
To achieve this feeling, you must work in harmony with the decoration, the furniture, the dishes, the music, and the uniforms and, of course, with the lighting of the premises. Any of them must be able to integrate with the other, providing all our spaces with the necessary coherence.
Ergonomics for customers
All the elements that we are seeing so far add up and make up the total experience of our clientele. For this you cannot forget the importance of quality furniture, since we will get a total experience if we achieve well-being during the course of the service. The ergonomics and functionality of the furniture is much more important than you may think, it is useless for aesthetics to be ideal if it does not coexist with the functionality of the elements. Don’t forget that feeling good is sitting comfortably!
Be unique, be different
Finally we emphasize innovation. Before, we were already talking about the need to be unique or unique and it is that more and more businesses are focused on making a difference to distinguish themselves in the perception of the user / client.
Mark the personality of your local and detail the strategy to communicate it. The decoration of your restaurant must be able to convey what your brand wants to say. For example, if you believe that nature and natural elements should prevail over all things, your place will not stray from the use of plain elements in its decoration. Plants, wood or recycled elements will harmonize with a menu of local products.